Clean out your attic, garage, closet and junk drawer! Snappy Salads, a popular eco-friendly salad restaurant, will hold an electronic recycling roundup on Saturday, October 21. Snappy Salads offers this service free to the public twice a year.
“Snappy Salads is deeply committed to limiting any negative impact we have on the environment,” said Chris Dahlander, founder and CEO of Snappy Salads. “Our last roundup collected more than 19,000 pounds of electronic waste to be repurposed into a new life. We anticipate October’s event will bring the grand total collected since we began the program in 2013 to more than 50 tons!”
Anything with an on/off switch including computers, cell phones, televisions, stereos, copiers, gaming systems, calculators, lamps, and flashlights, as well as small appliances and batteries, may be dropped off at the following Snappy Salads’ locations during the times listed:
9 a.m. to 12 p.m. -
- 5915 Forest Lane in Dallas
- 4940 State Highway 121 in Lewisville
- 6550 N. MacArthur Blvd. in Irving
- 5941 Greenville Ave. in Dallas
- 5930 W. Park Blvd. in Plano
- 1664 S. University Drive in Fort Worth
1 p.m. to 4 p.m. -
- 5588 State Highway 121 in Plano
- 320 W. Campbell in Richardson
- 14902 Preston Rd. in Dallas
- 2175 E. Southlake Blvd. in Southlake
- 5252 Main Street in Frisco
- 6115 Camp Bowie Blvd. in Ft. Worth
More than 80% of e-waste is trashed in landfills and incinerators where it can contaminate our air, water and land. The dismantling and recycling of electronic products promotes the conservation of natural resources and minimizes pollution.
Snappy Salads has partnered with Recycle Revolution, a Dallas-based company, to coordinate the recycling of collected items using the e-Stewards certification program (http://www.e-stewards.org/certification-overview/). For more information please visit www.snappysalads.com or call (866) 991-1467.