Texas Worm Ranch is a proud sponsor of Urban Sustainable Ecosystems. These Workshops are designed to help urban homeowners transform their property into a sustainable, food producing and eco-friendly habitat!
Save Your Dates, and Register Now.
You are invited to our USE Workshops!
Our workshops feature some of the best and brightest eco-minded enthusiasts in the DFW area. By the end of an Urban Sustainable Ecosystem workshop, students should be able to apply what they have learned on their own homestead. Our students’ successful application of these principles will enable a healthy individual, family, community and planet.
For your convenience, we have three workshops planned for early next year:
Fair Park: Texas Discovery Gardens, January 21st & 22nd
Dallas Eco-Op: February 11th & 12th
Coppell Town Center: February 25th & 26th
The USE workshops are designed for beginning and advanced gardeners and/or eco-friendly homeowners who seek solutions to move their homestead to the next level of sustainability.
USE Workshop – Day One Classes: (beginners to advanced)
- Plan Your Urban Sustainable Ecosystem - John Krause: host of DFW’s #1 Organic Radio Program, Instructor
- Soil Ecosystem and Composting - Randy Johnson: Horticulture Director of Texas Discovery Gardens and Owner of Randy Johnson Organic Consulting, Instructor
- Raised Bed Gardening - Heather Rinaldi: Owner of Texas Worm Ranch and Professional Organic Vegetable Garden Installer, Instructor
- Preserve Your Harvest - Trish Percy: Executive Director of Feed Texas First, Instructor
- Rainwater Harvesting, Rain Gardens, Water Conservation, Grey Water - Carrie Dubberly of Dubberly Landscapes and Don Dubberly of Catch the Rain
USE Workshop – Day Two Classes: (advanced – don’t be scared all you beginners!)
- Vermicomposting - Heather Rinaldi, Instructor: Owner of Texas Worm Ranch and Professional Organic Vegetable Garden Installer
- Black Soldier Fly Larvae Composting - Robert Olivier, Owner of Compost Mania and inventor of the “bio-pod”
- Integrated Pest Management - Randy Johnson: Horticulture Director of Texas Discovery Gardens and Owner of Randy Johnson Organic Consulting, Instructor
- Aquaponics - Dave Pennington: Owner of Synergyfish, expert on symbiotic relationships between fish and plant production
- Creating a Pollinator Habitat - Brandon and Susan Pollard: Owner of Texas Honeybee Guild and Zipcode Honey.
- Backyard Poultry - Bob Ritchie: Owner of Custom Coop and longtime urban poultry farmer
USE Workshop Registration and Rates:
Limited space, register now! To register, email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Name / Email Address / Phone Number / Workhshop: Day One ____ Day Two ____ (yes or no)
Rates: (We will begin taking payments for USE workshops on January 2nd, 2012.)
$75.00 for Day One workshop - includes healthy-local-natural lunch and two sessions
$50.00 for Day Two workshop - afternoon session only
$100.00 for BOTH workshops