Buckethead the Garden Helper arrives to assist the Guardian of the Garden in advertising the upcoming Monster Bash to be held in the Garland Community Garden this Saturday, October 19 - 1PM to 3 PM. We want to encourage people to have fun by participating in this community event. Details of the event follow.
This afternoon we added a second monster to the Garland Community Garden. We hope that you will come down and see how easy it is to build a monster. Take a close look at both of these monsters. Then we hope you will build one yourself and bring it to the garden on Saturday to compete with others for a $100 prize. We know there are a lot of creative folks out there in our community and we hope that you will demonstrate your talents.
The event is free but donations are welcome as this is a fundraiser event for our scholarship fund which we hope to be able to award in the spring of 2017.
Bucket Head and Guardian of the Garden (before Bucket Head was dressed) - Garland Community Garden October 24, 2016
HERE ARE THE DETAILS AGAIN!
PARTICIPATE IN THE MONSTER BASH COMPETITION TO BE HELD IN THE GARLAND COMMUNITY GARDEN ON SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29. 1PM TO 3PM – Money raised from this event will go to Loving Garland Green’s scholarship fund for 2017.
RULES FOR THE MONSTER COMPETITION:
- Open to all residents of Dallas and Collin County. (Except for members of Loving Garland Green and their families.)
- Ages 3 to 100
- Individuals and also nonprofit organizations in our community may enter the competition.
- A $5 donation is requested of those who enter the competition. This will assist Loving Garland Green in covering expenses for this event. (Although donations are welcome, admission to the event and its other activities and gifts is free and open to the public.)
- NOTE: With fewer than 5 entries, Loving Garland Green reserves the right to cancel the contest.
GUIDELINES FOR MONSTER MAKING
- You may construct your monster elsewhere and bring it to the garden, or you may construct it on the grounds in the designated area as long as your monster is completed on or before 1 PM on October 29thwhen the event begins.
- All monsters must be at least 3 feet tall.
- No costumes on living people. This is not a Halloween costume contest.
- Monsters should be made from recycled materials and compostable organic materials.
- Monsters may be left in the garden for folks passing by to enjoy. On November 2 all monsters will be removed from the garden. If you want your monster, you’ll have to collect it by 5PM on November 1.
- Members of Loving Garland Green will judge entries with originality being the primary criteria. Judges decision will be final.
- Judging will take place on October 29 – 2:30 to 3:00. Winner will be announced at 3 PM.
- Only one prize of $100 will be awarded.