THE EVENT WILL TAKE PLACE AT THE GARLAND COMMUNITY GARDEN SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 19 - 1 TO 3PM
1. Prepare your own garden tale to share with others. If you want to immortalize it write it down or be prepared to give others a link to you site where they can learn more. Please limit to 5 minutes.
2. Prepare a few seed packets of vegetables that grew well in your garden during 2021 to share with other gardeners.
FOR THE FIRST HOUR:
1. Welcome by current Loving Garland Green President Elizabeth Berry
2. Introductions and garden tales
As we go around and introduce ourselves, people will have the opportunity to tell us about their gardening experiences for the past year, what/if they have planted a fall/winter garden, what grew well for them this past year, etc.--anything garden-related they want to talk about, perhaps even the story of how you started gardening in the first place
3. Plant and seed exchange
Those attending are invited to bring seeds and plants to share/exchange with others.
Save seeds now from any vegetable that grew well in your garden this year and bring them to share with others. Nothing is more reliable than seeds from successful plants grown in the area where they will be planted the next season.
4. Announcement of upcoming Sweet Potato & Luffa Shucking Event - October 24, 2021
We will close out the first hour by telling people about our next garden event.
FOR THE SECOND HOIUR
We will present a fall/winter garden in two metal box beds. One plot will contain winter greens like kale and perpetual spinach and the other will be turnips and beets. These beds are designated 100% to The Good Samaritans of Garland Texas. This organization does so much good for the homeless and those who are in food crisis in our community.
There will be Give Away items while they last: Seeds, plants, fresh jujube fruit (tastes like small apples).
We will also feature jujube snacks that are available at local Asian markets.