We are inviting the public to join us in sharing food items with those who are having economic challenges this season. In addition to about 50 pounds of sweet potatoes from the garden as well as fresh greens, we will also be collecting food items at the garden on this day . These items will be transported to the Good Samaritans on Monday, November 15.
If you wonder what to bring, here is a list of items that a friend of mine made after asking people at a food shelter what they needed.
LIST OF SUGGESTED DONATIONS--BUT MOST ANY FOOD ITEM IS WELCOME
1. Powdered milk
2. Cans of food with pop top lid since some may not have a can opener
3. Cooking oil (small size)
4. Spices (especially those you get from takeout and don’t use)
6. Fresh produce --especially fruit like apples and oranges
7. Canned fruit with pop top lids
8. Tuna (especially the kind that comes in individual packages)
10. Butter and margarine
11. Stove top stuffing
12. Hamburger Helper
13. Dishwashing soap
14. Feminine hygiene products