In addition to our monthly meetings on the second Tuesday of the Month, we are also forming special maker interest groups that will meet twice during the month. These groups will meet in members homes to further their knowledge and skills in a particular area.
For example, Eco Makers will be meeting in my home twice a month beginning in July. This group is for those who are particularly interested in making items from what others might label as "trash." More information on this group will be upcoming.
Some of the Eco Maker Ideas and Crafts we may be exploring include the following. Of course there are lots of other materials to be considered such as paper for one example.
ECO MAKER IDEAS
MATERIAL: Aluminum Cans
1. ALUMINUM CAN WIND CHIMES - https://youtu.be/r_J76L6e1S0
2. YARD FLOWERS WITH Aluminum CANS - https://youtu.be/c4lHhBZLP9k
3. EMBOSSING ALUMINUM CANS - https://youtu.be/iKKd2xHiMSk
4. MAKING BUTTERFLIES FROM SODA CANS - https://youtu.be/rKDqGKCUonI
5. 38 Ideas for those plastic water bottles - https://youtu.be/xEAOvFG1AmM
6. Precious Plastic – Create things from plastic - https://youtu.be/VdUkOjIP0Ok
This video is for the more sophisticated and serious maker.
Still it is interesting for the curious and those who may be considering delving deeper into transforming materials.
COME TO THE NEXT GARLAND AREA MAKERSPACE MEETING
Tuesday June 12 - 7 PM
North Branch Garland Library
3845 North Garland Avenue - Garland, Texas
Janell Jenkins, Garland Area Makerspace board officer and artisan will be presenting a program about an ancient bead making technology that is over 3,000 years old--lamp work glass bead making.