Recipes

Gravatar
From time to time, we'll post interesting recipes we find on other site. This is one of them from Howdini: How to brine turkey and other poultry
Gravatar
2 cups of ice 1 teaspoon of coffee (could be instant) 1/2 cup cold water 1/2 cup Guernsey & Jersey Milk (can pick up at your local Plano, Texas dairy farm) 5-6...
Gravatar
Originally submitted Jan 13, 2009 by Christine Stewart I use whatever organic veggies look good at the market: beets, turnips, parsnips, rutabagas, celery,...
Gravatar
Recipe created by Michelle Ferrer, August 2008 1 onion (red or white), sliced into spears 1 sweet pepper (any color) chopped into large chunks 2 stalks celery,...
Gravatar
Courtesy of Justin (originally posted June 25, 2009) 3 or 4 – Yellow Squash (cut into ¼ inch slices) ½ – Texas Sweet Onion (quarter, slice, and separate) 1 or...
Gravatar
Courtesy of Pam (originally posted Sept. 8, 2008) Being relatively new to locavorism, I'm slowly learning how to accommodate the bounty of the season into my...
Gravatar
Serve 4 to 6 Preparation Time: 15 minutes Iceberg lettuce was developed in the USA by the W. Atlee Burpee Co. in 1894, and because it was so hardy and easy to...
Gravatar
Serves: 4 Preparation time: 15 minutes The balsamic vinegar helps to keep the sweetness of the craisans and honey from overpowering the salad dressing, while...
Gravatar
Serves 4 to 6 people Pre-preparation time 30 minutes Preparation time: 30 minutes The hardest part of a Caesar is tearing up the Romaine lettuce into...
Gravatar
Serves 4 (or two generously) Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes This recipe is really a meal unto itself. It’s also schizophrenic. It could...