News
 
Gravatar
Pin on Pinterest

The Dallas Arboretum dedicated the  new, eight-acre Tom and Phyllis McCasland Horticulture Center on April 3. They had been searching for appropriate land and greenhouse space, and in 2017, found it just seven miles away on a parcel that straddles Dallas and Mesquite. Then, they prepared the land and installed 17,000 square feet of climate-controlled greenhouses.

The McCaslands provided much of the funds for the project and are among the most generous supporters of the Dallas Arboretum, from seed money for the Chihuly exhibition, the impetus behind The 12 Days of Christmas celebration and the renovation and permanent site of the sunken garden. The Executive Committee voted to name the Horticulture Center and acreage in honor of them as a tribute to their generosity, as well as the Jeanne R. Johnson Foundation and the Hoblitzelle Foundation.

For more information, visit DallasArboretum.org.

 

 

For more stories like this read Natural Awakenings Dallas-Ft Worth magazine at NADallas.com

Recognize 1590 Views